ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Need some how-to assistance please

2009-08-19 15:54:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Need some how-to assistance please
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:52:32 -0500
Bill,

From what I read on your thread you are only keeping 30 days worth of
backups.  You may already know this, but the fromdate and todate on
the export pertain to when the backup was taken, not the timestamp of
the file.  I'm sure you know this, but I want to be sure.

That said, your current command will not really export much, because
it is trying to export everything older than 30 days.  I don't suspect
that you will get much, if anything, exported with a retention of 30
days.  To be fair, I can't remember if it was 30 days, or 30 versions,
but either way, I would set the export to run for something like 20
days ago vs 30 to be sure that you capture the range that you are
looking for.

Also, you don't have to specify a fromdate.  By default it will get
everything.  Therefore, I would do just todate=-20.

Are you actively restoring data, or is this just data on hold for
future restores?  The reason I ask, is that it might make sense to go
ahead and restore this data somewhere if it is going to be recalled
anyway.

Hope this helps,

Gary
Itrus Technologies