ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Need some how-to assistance please

2009-08-18 15:30:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Need some how-to assistance please
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:29:25 -0400
History.have a client backing up with a 30-day retention policy
(vere=nolimit rete=30) and last week they came as requested that the
retention be change to No Limit across the board. Keep everything. Lawyers
involved. Now they feel that the resource requirements for doing that for an
indefinite period are more than they want to take on. So they asked that the
retention be set back to 30-days , but..and here's the fun part.they want to
tapes with the oldest backup data to be kept. You can see they have to
concept of TSM and are thinking of keeping the oldest full backup tapes
around so they could be re-cataloged if a restore is needed.

So my problem/question is how do I accomplish the same thing? Was thinking
EXPORT NODES, but what date range to use. Backupsets (no, I'm not 6.1! J)
isn't what I want either.

Any suggestions?

Bill Boyer

"He who laughs last probably made a back-up." Murphy's law of computing