ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] db availability for DR

2009-08-14 17:50:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] db availability for DR
From: Larry Peifer <Larry.Peifer AT SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:48:49 -0700
We use offsite electronic vaulting for daily db backup to a secondary site
with matching tape library.   Our db is 90MB and using 75%.

ltp

             "Gill, Geoffrey
             L."
             <GEOFFREY.L.GILL@                                          To
             SAIC.COM>                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         [ADSM-L] db availability for DR
             .EDU>

             08/12/2009 05:28
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I'm looking at different ways to try and get the most current db backup
to a DR site by the quickest and easiest means, and hopefully on a daily
basis. (might be wishful thinking) At the moment I'm not sure what sort
of link we'd have for data throughput. Even if I do get something in
place it would be in a testing stage to see what sort of times it would
take to get it there over the wire. The distance will be significant and
the db size currently is 122GB about 58% used. Currently db backups are
to tape and sent offsite.

I was wondering how others have attempted to keep their db backups up to
date at a DR site and what sort of success you've had. What did you end
up implementing and how is it working out?

Thanks for any suggestions and information.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-B1P