ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DSMCAD and intentionally random start times

2009-08-13 21:32:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] DSMCAD and intentionally random start times
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:30:20 -0500
A colleague solemnly assures me that clients who use DSMCAD to manage
their schedule activities don't see any randomization in their
schedule start times. Now, on the one hand, I have so little
experience with DMSCAD, who am I to argue with someone who claims to
have experience? On the other hand, the randomization effect on
schedule windows was pretty neat, and it's hard to imagine DMSCAD not
preserving that behavior, at least not by design.

So, I ask:
Does DMSCAD respect the randomization effect of schedule start window
durations?

If so, has it always, or was that fixed by a PTF at some point?

If it doesn't currently, has this been hashed and rehashed
sufficiently that I should just smile and be thankful for the rest,
which is all fairly elegant and consistent?

Thanks,
Nick