ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Export NODE from Windows TSm Server to AIX TSM Server

2009-08-12 04:26:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Export NODE from Windows TSm Server to AIX TSM Server
From: Craig McAllister <craigy AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:25:48 +0100
Hi Sandeep,
   It depends to a large extent on your infrastructure. If you have a lot of
free time on your TSM servers and a really fast network between them, then
it may be simpler to go straight over the wire. Otherwise, I tend to use
tape.

  By the way, you should ensure your server levels are compatible and if
possible at v5.5 or above, since import/export was rewritten at that level.

  You could do a lot worse than to read the information at
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG247447/ch19.htm as well.

Craig

ps. Hi Dave!