ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] windows client 5.5.2.2 schedules using dsmcad and prompt do not start

2009-08-10 14:51:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] windows client 5.5.2.2 schedules using dsmcad and prompt do not start
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:48:12 -0500
Without the errorlog, it is difficult to diagnose.  Try starting it in
the foreground first.  Open a windows command line, and run "dsmc
sched".  This will give you a good idea of what is going wrong.  Also,
look at the dsmwebcl.log and dsmsched.log.  It could be a simple
password issue.

To answer your question, I have not had any problems with upgrades of
clients after applying the 5.5.2.2 fix patch.  I have on occasion seen
some issues where a registry setting was lost, and the TSM services
had to be removed and readded, if that helps at all.

Gary