ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Nested SQL?

2009-08-10 09:29:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Nested SQL?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:26:52 +0200
Hi Eric,

yes you can do something like

select * from a where fielda in (select fieldb from b)

but (usually) this is dog-slow in TSM <= 5.5

On 10 aug 2009, at 15:18, Loon, EJ van - SPLXM wrote:

Hi TSM-ers!
We use the following SQL statement to report to our Oracle
department if
their delete obsolete jobs are running ok for all nodes:

select node_name, filespace_name, ll_name, state, object_id,
date(backup_date) from backups where ((days(current_date) -
days(backup_date) >= 30)) and state= 'ACTIVE_VERSION' and
node_name='<nodename>'

Since backups are kept for 14 days, no objects should be returned.
We use TSMOR to report this on a weekly basis for all their nodes. If
there are objects older than 30 days, TSM lists them as an exception,
along with the amount of obsolete objects.
The Oracle departments now asks me if the report could be enhanced
with
amount of obsolete objects per node per database. I know the database
SID is used in the first 5 characters of the backup object name
(ll_name), but if I want to put that in one SQL query, I think I
have to
create a nested SQL statement.
Does anybody know if nested SQL is supported by TSM?
Thank you very much for your reply in advance!!
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

--