ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ISC/AC logging

2009-08-04 18:39:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ISC/AC logging
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:38:37 -0700
Here is a suggestion for proper auditability of ISC-AC based TSM
administration:

1) create an ISC ID for each TSM administrator
2) create a TSM admin ID for each TSM administrator and grant auth ...
cl=sys
3) have each TSM administrator add their server connection on the ISC
(under "Manage Servers" on the ISC-AC v6.1) using their TSM admin ID
4) lock admin ADMIN
5) remove the server connection from the ISC ID iscadmin

You now have an auditable trail in the activity log of "who did what".

Joerg Pohlmann
250-245-9863

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2009-07-30
12:53:22:

> Is there any log in the ISC/AC (ICS 6.01 and AC 5.5) that would show me
who
> logged on from where at a particular time? I have a client (inherited)
That
> has people all using the ADMIN userid and some's been updating schedules
and
> completely mucking up the works. From the activity log I can trace the
> commands down to user ADMIN coming from the ISC IP address. Now I just
need
> to find out who logged in to that. They all also use the ISCADMIN userid
for
> that..again inherited. If I can find out the IP address of who logged on
> the ISC.I'll be 1 more step along the path to find this joker. Maybe the
WAS