ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fwd: [ADSM-L] Data checksumming?

2009-07-31 15:30:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fwd: [ADSM-L] Data checksumming?
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:28:50 -0400
I used it for a customer who was implementing remote fibre connections to
tape.  (This was in a campus environment, so the fibre was less than 25Km,
but had to go across a bridge connector of some sort.)  We wanted a way to
prove that it was working OK, so I turned on CRC check for the remote tapes,
which in this case was the copy storage pool.

Audit now has a nice parm where you can say audit all volumes "written since
timestamp".  So every morning the copy pool tapes got created, and every
afternoon an admin schedule ran audits against the ones created in the last
24 hours.

This wasn't a huge environment, and I didn't monitor the DB closely.  But I
didn't notice any impact on the DB size.  And it's certainly easy to
implement.