ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 Installation Problems

2009-07-31 12:53:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 Installation Problems
From: sajjad <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:38:48 -0400
Hi,

I have successfully upgraded a customer TSM 5.5.2 to TSM 6.1 with just 18 GB of
TSM database. We took backups of about 30nodes and later found the TSM server
is stopped because of filesystem full on Linux. I found that both tsm log and
archive log file systems were full. In about 5 hours TSM filled the 55 GB
space. After moving the logs to a different filesystem, TSM started. Next day
same thing happens but this time after moving the logs, tsm database did not
come up.

TSM 6.1 is now also become a lousy product like other Tivoli Management
software. Another pain is the reporting tool.

Could anybody explain why TSM generate so many transaction logs?

Regards,

Sajjad