ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows 2008 silent install failing w/"invalid command line argument"

2009-07-30 10:16:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows 2008 silent install failing w/"invalid command line argument"
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:15:00 -0400
A couple of things come to mind:

1. What is the extra right/closing parenthesis at the end of the command?
Maybe part of the surrounding script syntax, but appears out of place in
the context of the snippet.

2. Does TEMP_MSI_LOG contain blank spaces, and if so, does it have double
quotes around it?

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/29/2009
03:21:51 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> Windows 2008 silent install failing w/"invalid command line argument"
>
> Schaub, Steve
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 07/29/2009 03:24 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
>
> Windows 2008 Std SP2 64bit
> TSM 5.5.1.0 x64
>
> Installing manually works fine, but using our standard batch script
> with a silent install fails.  I've tried running from an admin-
> authorized cmd prompt, disabling UAC, removing ADDLOCAL options one
> at a time, haven't found a way to make this work.
>
> Error:
> Wed 07/29/2009 14:56:57.34 Launching Microsoft Installer for TSM
> Backup-Archive Client
> MSI (s) (40:94) [14:56:57:423]: Product: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
> Client -- Configuration failed.
> MSI (s) (40:94) [14:56:57:423]: Windows Installer reconfigured the
> product. Product Name: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Client. Product
> Version: 05.05.0100. Product Language: 1033. Reconfiguration success
> or error status: 1639.
> Info 1639.Invalid command line argument. Consult the Windows
> Installer SDK for detailed command line help.
> )
>
> Script snippet:
>    msiexec /i %MSI_INSTALL%  /qb  /li  %TEMP_MSI_LOG%
> RebootYesNo="No"  REBOOT="Suppress"  ALLUSERS=1  INSTALLDIR="%
> TARGET_DIR%"

ADDLOCAL="BackupArchiveGUI,BackupArchiveWeb,Api64Runtime,AdministrativeCmd"