ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Is it possible to rename BACKUP Sets?

2009-07-29 16:48:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Is it possible to rename BACKUP Sets?
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:44:07 +0200
On 29/07, Timothy Hughes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to rename a backupset? I would to rename the backup set
> below.
>

> MONTHLYDOCHUBGWC.190813591  to  YRLYDOCHUBGWC.116988494
>

> TSM 5.5
> AIX 5.2

The way to do that would be to DELETE BACKUPSET first and then DEFINE
BACKUPSET with the same volumes. The delete command, I believe, only
removes the backupset entries from the TSM DB and sets the tape(s) back
to scratch. Please do some research on this first so you dont lose any
data.

Maybe someones else on this list have done this recently and can verify
that this is the way to do it.

-km