ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli "disk only" backup with data duplicated at two locations?

2009-07-29 11:14:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli "disk only" backup with data duplicated at two locations?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:13:12 +0200
On 29 jul 2009, at 17:02, Davis, Adrian wrote:

This seems like a (relatively) simple solution. However, as I have not
seen this documented in any of the manuals, I'm guessing that there
is a
problem with this approach?

There is only one thing you need to think of: how do you access the
disks on the remote site? Other than that this is a very valid design,
and I would certainly recommend it. My guess is that it is so simple
and straightforward that nobody ever thought of documenting this...

Does anybody have any comments -or- better ideas for a Tivoli disk
only
backup with data duplicated at two sites?

I would look at tape as well for the second site. Disk makes sense if
you have spare hardware at your remote site for a large number of your
servers. Tape is fast, cheap and green...

--

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post