ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP MSSQL excludes

2009-07-29 09:24:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP MSSQL excludes
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:23:10 +0300
Thanks Bertaut,

Both approached are valid and possible, but both have shortcomings.
In first case, if I choose to handpick the databases for backup, I
then need to be in constatnt check regarding introduction of new
production databases. This is like using 'DOMAIN C: D:' statement
instead of DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL in BA client.

In the second case, the exclude will be valid only limited  period of
time till the SQL admin removes old Test_XXX DB and creates another
one named Test_YYY.

I'm looking to wildcard exclude of all Test_* databases.

As I've mentioned,
exclude "\...\Test*\...\"
 doesn't seem to work.
--