ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] raw backup with TSM

2009-07-28 13:08:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] raw backup with TSM
From: Larry Peifer <Larry.Peifer AT SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:07:28 -0700
We use a line in the dsm.sys file for each raw logical volume of the Oracle
database we need to backup.  We use this method for both hot and cold
Oracle user managed backups.

Example line from dsm.sys:

domain.image        /dev/eng_control0

             ashish sharma
             <ashishsharma44@G
             MAIL.COM>                                                  To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] raw backup with TSM

             07/28/2009 09:03
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

You mean to say "dsmc backup image /dev/sdbc -imagetype=dynamic" will work.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Wanda Prather
<wanda.prather AT jasi DOT com>wrote:

> In TSM you can do an "image" backup, at the filesystem (unix) or
> drive(Windows) level.
> Check the client manual.
>

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM, ashish sharma <ashishsharma44 AT gmail DOT
> com
> >wrote:
>
> > By raw backup, i mean physical disks like /dev/dsba, /dev/sdbb...
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Steven Langdale <
> Steven.Langdale AT cat DOT com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > That depends on what you mean by raw.
> > >
> > > On UNIX and Windows (prob more platforms but I've done it on these)
you

--
Best Regards
Ashish Sharma