ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Errno = 23, 1167 and stuck tapes

2009-07-22 09:31:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Errno = 23, 1167 and stuck tapes
From: Henrik Vahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOILHYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:30:35 +0200
Thanks for the replies.

//Henrik

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Len Boyle
Sent: den 21 juli 2009 21:36
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Henrik, when we first installed lto-4 tape drives, we had a few problems with
them. The IBM ce downloaded a dump of data from the tape drive and send that on
to the higher level support folks. They asked to update the firmware, which was
just release. This help us greatly.

Our tape drives are installed in an IBM  3584 (aka TS3500) so the tape drive
dump can be gathered either via the CE's laptop tools or via the IBM library
web interface.

If you are using IBM's drivers, you should be able to download the drive dump
via a utility supplied with the driver code. In our case this was not an option
as the tape drives were attached to an netapp box.

len