ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum limit of a filename

2009-07-17 06:11:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum limit of a filename
From: Henrik Vahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOILHYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:10:46 +0200
Hi Christian,

Read IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.1 Linux Backup-Archive Client Known Problems
and Limitations

"Path names longer than 1024 bytes
Although Linux system supports files and directories with path plus file name
length up to 4096 bytes, the TSM Client currently limits the length of filename
and pathname: maximum filename to 256 and maximum pathname to 1023 bytes
correspondingly, and an error message is displayed on the console when this
length exceeds that limit. This will be fixed in a future release."

Note that one byte isnt one characters with unicode...

//Henrik