ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: Desperation, DR, and four TS3100 libraries...

2009-07-10 05:59:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: Desperation, DR, and four TS3100 libraries...
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:58:20 +0200
Hi Wanda,
On my way to work this morning I have been thinking about your situation and I
think I have an idea how you can get it to work. But only for restore not for
backup... :)
I haven't try this yet and probably don't have time to test it for you. But I
think this will work.

Define 4 SCSI Libraries
Define 4 Drives. 1 to each Library
Create 3 NEW Copypool Device Class that is pointing to Library 2,3 and 4
(CopyClass2, CopyClass3, CopyClass4)
And Update one Device Class to point to the 1st Library.
Now do a Audit of the library with Owner=YOUR TSM SERVER

In this stage does TSM know that ALL Tape are available but in different
libraries.

Technically it should work. The database knows what tape TSM need and only
change the data entry-path for the tape in the same way it does with the
"primary" (1st) Library you have.

This is still just an crazy idea like always that I normally have.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson