ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Replacing tape drives (or "there has to be a better way")

2009-07-08 12:24:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Replacing tape drives (or "there has to be a better way")
From: Sean English <sean.english AT WACHOVIA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:22:40 -0400

Well, to speak on that as well, we just had 8 new drives put into one of the libraries managed by this library manager.  We were told by TSM that you are not able to just define new drives and paths to TSM because TSM is not going to recognize the element numbers.  We had to recycle the library manager so that TSM would run an IOCTL and rescan the library and pick up the new drives.
Thanks,

Sean English

Data Protection Services - Production Control
Wachovia Bank, A Wells Fargo Company
Office: 704.590.7146
Cell: 704.281.0318
sean.english AT wachovia DOT com
TSM Sharepoint Teamsite

Wells Fargo Confidential: The information transmitted is intended only for use by the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and/or addressee immediately and delete the material.

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>

07/08/2009 12:03 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc
Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Replacing tape drives (or "there has to be a better way")

Thanks for the "duh" suggestion. I know how to get into the CE mode to
change the serial number and it would make life simpler.  For this drive,
since it was an "upgrade", this will work.  However, for new drives with
maintenance, I think they would frown on changing the serial #.

I still would like to know how other folks handle it if they can't change
the serial #.