ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] linux device drivers install

2009-06-26 22:17:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] linux device drivers install
From: Robert Clark <robert_clark AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:15:55 -0700
Did you ftp the files in asc mode?

What does "file ibmatl.6.7.5.0.i386.rpm.bin" tell about the file?

[RC]

On Jun 26, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

I'm not at all familiar with Linux at all and am looking for some help
because so far everything I've found so far hasn't helped. Folks here
want me to bring up a TSM Linux environment so I've downloaded device
drivers and TSM software. The device driver readme shows the
command to
install the .rpm file but the files on the ftp server are .rpm.bin. I
thought from what I've read that if I ran ./ibmatl.
6.7.5.0.i386.rpm.bin
it would result in a file with only the .rmp but a bash message says
cannot execute binary file. I'm logged in as root and permissions
on the
file are 777.

Thanks for the help.

Geoff Gill