ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Max number of Filespaces?

2009-06-26 03:46:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Max number of Filespaces?
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:45:39 +0200
Hi,
I recently asked ibm and there was no known limit given. But maybe someone
knows.
We currently have one user with araound 4500 filespaces and I cannot see any
problems so far.

Another question is how to possibly do a full-restore of those splitted
zfs-perUser-filespaces (solaris):
Because finally using tapes ... I ask myself how to do a successfull 'complete
restore'
on that thing.
Is it just and only possible (if using tapes) with a preceding 'move nodedata'
like  'move nodedata NODE  fromstg=TAPEPOOL  tostg=FILEPOOL'   ?
Or something else ?

Cheers Rainer

Christian Svensson schrieb:
Hi *SMers,
Do anyone know the maximum numbers of Filespaces per node?

Using TSM Server 5.5.2.0 on MVS.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson

Rainer Wolf                          eMail:       rainer.wolf AT uni-ulm DOT de
kiz - Abt. Infrastruktur           Tel/Fax:      ++49 731 50-22482/22471
Universitaet Ulm                     wwweb:        http://kiz.uni-ulm.de