ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Managing TSM Schedules

2009-06-25 11:19:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Managing TSM Schedules
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:11:19 -0500
Here's a way:
1. Setup your archive schedules as "command" operations, and setup a
batch file in the TSM\baclient directory to run the archive operation on
the specific drives you want archived.
2. Setup your dsm.opt file with "domain C: etc." lines for each node
that you want backed up incrementally.  Then just setup another set of
schedules that run the usual "incremental" backup.

OR

Setup your dsm.opt file with:
Include.archive "c:\...\*"
Type lines and
Domain c:
Type lines for the drives you want backed up.

Then setup separate archive and incremental schedules that are as
generic as possible.
The key here is to make sure you put "exclude.archive" lines BELOW the
include line so that files you do NOT want archived are excluded.  TSM
Works on the Include/Exclude lists from the bottom up.

See
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/topic/com.ibm.its
mfdt.doc/ans6000056.htm#inexor for details on the include/exclude
process.

There are many ways to accomplish what you're wanting to do.

See Ya'
Howard