ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Dedupe

2009-06-25 00:43:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Dedupe
From: madunix <madunix AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:36:45 +0200
However, for my thoughts of Dedupe it could be interesting for those
who need to decrease the number of tape cartridges, but they could
suffer  signifigannt CPU and I/O spec. for dedupe processing, and one
issue i was thinking about is a fauiler or if one part is corrupted,
i.e. many files would be affected by loss of common chunk, and what
about encryption is it compatible with encryption.

Thanks
madunix