ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Schedule Execution Environment

2009-06-22 18:38:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] Schedule Execution Environment
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:11:23 +1000
Hi all

I'm setting up backups of a number of MSSQL instances in a three node
cluster.

instance 1 has its opt file in s:\tsm and a sql_full.cmd file there
tailored for it
instance 2 has its opt file in t:\tsm and similarly another sql_full.cmd
file tailored for it.
instances 3 and 4 are in u: and v:
Any instance can execute on any machine in the cluster, and I have set up
one scheduler for each instance.

When I run a command schedule, it runs in c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\baclient by default, although I can give it a fully
qualified path name. The environment of this execution has no clue as to
which scheduler it was run under

I'd like all instances to use the same script_name to execute, and run from
its own share, so as to minimise the number of distinct schedules that
exist (full blown there will be incremental/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly
schedules to consider, and multiple clusters so simplification is vital).

How can I pass something into the runtime environment to indicate which
instance the schedule is being run for?  The best I can come up with is a
different user for each scheduler maybe with the home drive mapped to the
same drive as the instance uses.

Thanks

Steve

Steven Harris