ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RES: audit library problems

2009-06-22 13:58:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RES: audit library problems
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:55:58 -0400
This, and the idea of a bogus ip address on the lib clients are great
ideas!

Thanks!

Rick

             Paul van Dongen
             <Paul@VANGUARD-IT
             .COM.BR>                                                   To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     RES: audit library  problems

             06/22/2009 01:36
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Richard,

I think something quick and dirty would be changing the port numbers on
your library manager's dsmserv.opt file. No other client, STAgent or server
would contact this instance, and you could prep a modified dsm.sys/opt to
let you admin client work.

When finished, just return the correct port numbers.
Paul Gondim van Dongen
IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
    Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2006, 2007 & 2008
IBM Certified Deployment Professional - ITWS 8.2
IBM Certified Storage Administrator - ITSM V5.4
IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Storage 2008
SNIA Certified Professional
ITIL Foundation Certified
VANguard
Value Added Network guardian