ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] audit library problems

2009-06-22 13:55:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] audit library problems
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:53:35 -0400
Trying to remember (it was a long night).

I disabled all  tape drive before halting the LM.  After it booted I logged
in and checked - alll drives were disabled.  I issued  "disabled sessions
all", then enabled one tape drive.  By the time I typed "q mount" it came
back with a tape being mounted!!!  Maybe it somehow queued the mounts
before I disabled the sessions.      If so, that brings up a catch 22 - you
need to disable the sessions before library sharing starts up.

Is there a way to start a tsm instance and have it run some commands before
it does anything?

Rick

             "Petrullo,
             Michael G."
             <[email protected]                                          To
             EGGMASON.COM>             ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         Re: audit library  problems
             .EDU>

             06/22/2009 12:59
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Rick,

Were the tapes already mounted when you ran the command? I have used
those commands several times in the past during maintenance upgrades and
they worked flawlessly.

-Mike

I tried a DISABLE SESSIONS ALL, but it didn't work.  Tape mounts (via
server-to-server, I assume) still worked.  I found this puzzling.

Rick

             "Petrullo,
             Michael G."
             <[email protected]
             EGGMASON.COM>             ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:
cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"
Subject
             <[email protected]         Re: audit library  problems
             .EDU>

             06/22/2009 11:11
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi Rick,

Try using the following commands which will disable all client and
server sessions to the TSM server:

DISABLE SESSIONS CLIENT
DISABLE SESSIONS SERVER

Hope this helps!