ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problem with Mac TSM client and new Java

2009-06-19 10:52:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problem with Mac TSM client and new Java
From: Button <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:49:20 -0400
For Macintosh computers running the 10.5.7 Leopard operating system with Java
Update 4 that cannot launch the Tivoli Storage Manager application, is this
workaround useful?

http://sites.google.com/site/macbutton/tsmjavafix

Changing the Java Preference to the updated Java version 1.4 causes Tivoli
Storage Manager to launch for versions 5.5.1.6, 5.5.2.0, and 6.1.0.0 on
Macintosh OS 10.5.7 after the June 15th Java Update 4 on the two computers I
have tested, one laptop and one desktop.

J. Button,
Cornell University