ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problem with Mac TSM client and new Java

2009-06-17 20:12:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problem with Mac TSM client and new Java
From: Button <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:00:33 -0400
We confirm that the Macintosh Java update 4 for OS X 10.5.7 from June 15 seems
to cause the Tivoli Storage Manager application versions 5.5.1.6, 5.5.2.0, and
6.1.0.0 to give an error of "ANS1971E The remote client agent (dsmagent) could
not be started".

There is a June 15th Java update 9 for Tiger, similar to the Java update 4  for
Leopard.  My testing of TSM 5.4.1.2 on OS X 10.4.11 appears to suggest that a
5.4 Java client on Tiger may not be affected even though the the Java updates
seem similar in purpose.

J. Button,
Cornell University