ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problem with Mac TSM client and new Java

2009-06-17 11:32:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problem with Mac TSM client and new Java
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <gretchen AT PRINCETON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:29:06 -0400
I've just run into a roadblock with the TSM gui on
the Macintosh - both v5 and v6 clients. There apparently
was a Java software update (1.5.0_19) that was just
released and I believe it to be causing the problem
with the TSM client.

If you start the GUI, you get an ANS1971E (v6) or
ANS5179E (v5) - both of which state problems with
the remote client agent. I can run dsmc/dsmadmc
manually just fine.

Has anybody else run into this? Can anyone else
verify that the Java update is the problem?
Have seen a link from Penn State that they are seeing
this as well.

Thanks!

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University