ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Windows Client DSM.opt file

2009-06-11 08:26:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Windows Client DSM.opt file
From: Wanda Prather <wanda.prather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:25:03 -0400
 A minor correction:
Even though you may find this example in some of the old TSM doc, this line
is incorrect:

INCLEXCL "exclude '*:\...\*.*'"

The correct syntax is
INCLEXCL "exclude '*:\...\*'"

The TSM include/exclude statements are executing a pattern match.
Exclude '*:\...\*.*'"  will only match filenames that have a period in them.

In windows there are on occasion files that have no file extension, e.g.
"c:\test\myfile"