ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Administration Guide Using ISC

2009-06-04 14:08:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Administration Guide Using ISC
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 20:07:58 +0200
On 4 jun 2009, at 19:31, Lindsay Morris wrote:

The ISC experts say that it's a lot better as of 6.1: better workflow,
smaller footprint.  So if you've gotten a bad impression in the past,
try to keep an open mind.

I must agree with Lindsay on this. The most recent ISC, as it comes
with TSM 6.1 is so much better than the very first version. I managed
to install it in minutes on my way underpowered OpenSUSE VM. I've
never been a fan of the Webconsole, never been able to find anything,
and well, ISC is just as bad :) Really, I prefer the CLI, but when
using a GUI, ISC is nothing better than the old webgui...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl