ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] HSM reconcilliation (Windows-Client)

2009-06-04 06:21:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] HSM reconcilliation (Windows-Client)
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:20:41 +0200
Did you ran expire inventory?

Regards,

Karel

----

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to set up HSM (TSM 5.5.2)  for our Windows fileserver. For
testing purposes I've created a folder c:\temp\hsmtest and put a file
into that folder. I set up a hsm job for that folder and ran it whicht
worked as
expected: The file has been moved into the tsm archive and has been
replaced by a stub file. Retrieving the file also worked as expected.
Next (after migrating the file into the archive again) I deleted the
stubfile to test the reconsilliation (the archive copy groups "retain
version" value is set to "nolimit"). I ran the reconsilliation via the
HSM Client GUI, but after that the deleted file was still in the archive
(is still listed when looking for it via the search & retrieve command
in the GUI).

Why is this so? What do I have to do to get rid of the deleted file in
the archive?

Thanks in advance for you help!

kind regards,
Stephan