ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Failed backups with code 128

2009-06-03 15:17:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] Failed backups with code 128
From: admbackup <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:16:58 -0400
Hi,  I am having problems with some scheduled backups of a windows server, it
ends with a Failed 128 status.  This schedule execute a CMD script to perform a
db2 backup.

I searched on the internet about the 128 code and it seems that there is a
problem with the remote permissions to execute CMDs on the server.  It seems
that this is the problem because when I have entered to the serever and execute
the CMD manually, it runs perfectly and perform the db2 backup.

I asked about this issue to the Windows Server Administrator, and he said that
nobody has retired this kind of permissions from our users.  But it is still
failing.  May you tell me where can I found proofs that the permissions were
removed or is there any other reason to get the status Failed 128 ?

The version of the windows server is Windows 2000 Service Pack 4