ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problems with TDP SQL and inactive obejects

2009-05-28 07:15:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problems with TDP SQL and inactive obejects
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:13:50 -0400
On May 28, 2009, at 5:02 AM, admbackup wrote:

I have read the act log of a scheduled backup and I found this

28/05/09 01:13:50 AM COT ANR0530W Transaction failed for session
195942 for node XXXX_SQL (TDP MSSQL Win32) - internal server error
detected. (SESSION: 195942)

That may be a difficult problem, but...
In your TSM server, do:  Query OPTion resourc*
and see how the value compares with the time from session initiation
to the time of the message.  The RESOURCETimeout value is likely 60.
In the Activity Log, pore over the entries during that period looking
for any indication of the server waiting for a resource (where *one*
case is ANR8319I and final ANR8351E when an input volume is
unavailable in the library).  There should be something in there.

   Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs