ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Performance question

2009-05-27 14:41:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Performance question
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:40:13 -0500
If you are looking for bigger packets have you checked to see if a jumbo frame
can make the trip in one piece?
I agree that iSCSI may be slower due to less of the Ethernet packet being
available to carry data because of the iSCSI information.

Ethernet[Tcp[iscsi[data]]]
Ethernet[Tcp[datadatadat]]
(Forgive the crudeness of the model; it is not made to scale.)

Andy Huebner