ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm 5.4.4 losing db snapshots offsite

2009-05-20 13:23:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm 5.4.4 losing db snapshots offsite
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:19:15 -0400
Yes.
If you are using DRM to manage your DB snapshots with MOVE DRMEDIA
SOURCE=DBS,  then you should STOP doing the delete volhist.

When you remove the volume entry from volhist, DRM loses track of it, and
can't tell you when to bring it back.

When you are managing the DBsnapshots with DRM MOVE DRMEDIA commands , DRM
will expire the DBS tapes itself (after telling you they are ready to
retrieve from the vault) based on the setting for DBBACKUP Series Expiration
Days setting.  View with  Q DRMSTATUS, change with SET
DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS.