ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup performance on intel server

2009-05-01 11:29:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup performance on intel server
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 10:28:28 -0500
I must have under utilized my shift key, you are correct, for every 1Gb, you in
theory can get 100MB/sec.
I am not sure how slow the LTO4 can write, if it cannot go slow enough there
may be some shoe shining.
The external disks sound fine, the internals will depend on the config and
controllers, but should be good.
Jumbo frames will be your friend.  A clear network path will be needed.

Andy Huebner