ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] best backup method for millions of small files?

2009-05-01 09:36:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] best backup method for millions of small files?
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 08:35:53 -0500
In the problem of running out of memory, break up the backups into
chunks.  In other words don't try to backup the whole box with one
scheduled action.  If you have these files across multiple volumes,
backup 1 or 2 at a time.

In the case of the volumes that fill up and never change, are they also
on separate drives, or just separate directories?  The strategy would be
different depending on that.

See Ya'
Howard

Recovery
> Point Objective (RPO) is.  If it is less than 24 hours then array
based
> solutions may be the best choice.  Over 24 hours then TSM may be the
> best choice.
>
> Andy Huebner

backup/restore