ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup set protection

2009-04-30 11:55:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup set protection
From: Sachin V Chaudhari1 <schaudhari AT IN.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:22:00 +0530
HI Thx for your inputs.

But if I enable client encryption for taking flat file backup, then how
will I restore the backup set data. At the time of backup set restoration
will it ask me to put the same passport which I used it for flatfile
backup.

As I know it will prompt us to enter the password for normal restore
process, but I am not sure whether it will for backup set restoration if
encryption is enable for file system backup.?

Sachin C.

             Dwight Cook
             <cookde AT COX DOT NET>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: [ADSM-L] Backup set protection

             30/04/2009 08:03
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Simply activate client encryption.
The data will be encrypted at the client before it is sent to the server;
from that point forward, it will be encrypted no matter where it resides in
TSM server storage / media.  If you generate a backup set on portable media
readable to the client, the data will be in its encrypted format.

Dwight