ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] IBM Tape Device Driver - Windows Server 2008

2009-04-29 03:59:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] IBM Tape Device Driver - Windows Server 2008
From: Andrew Collyer <andrew.collyer AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:58:50 +0100
Henrik, the Removable Media Service in 2008 becomes an optional installable
'feature' known as Removable Storage Manager.  I have not installed this
feature on the server.

Jo, I've not got as far as trying an earlier version.  This is all part of
an asset replacement so I'm still building the system and hoped to go to
the latest.  After a reboot, if I re-install the drivers they attach to
everything they should do (including those devices that 'lost' the driver
after the reboot).  But then a further reboot causes a few more to lose
them again.  I'm going to did out an older version and see if the problem
still manifests itself.

Thanks.

Andy

Find out about our efforts to create gardens in Yorkshire's primary
schools using a million green fingers by following this link:
http://greenfingers.yorkshirewater.com/

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
legally privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only
and are subject to the legal notice available at
http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm Yorkshire Water Services
Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682