ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Cant change the status of a Mount Point

2009-04-28 05:27:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Cant change the status of a Mount Point
From: admbackup <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 05:26:31 -0400
I am having a problem with two mount points in a tsm server.

The tsm server is connected to a tape library of 4 drivers.  When I input query
mount there are always two moint points in RESERVED status:

ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class LTODEV, status: RESERVED.

ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class LTODEV, status: RESERVED.

The problem is that there are only 4 drivers, but 2 of them are unable to be
used because of this situation.  Most of the backup sessions stay in "Waiting
for mount point" for long time.  I have tried by restarting the Storage Agent
service of all the client servers  but the situation remains the same.

I have checked the activity log, but there is nothing strange.  It is not a
hardware problem because the 2 drivers that become unable for this problem are
not always the same