ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Old TSM client for AIX 4.3

2009-04-23 18:55:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Old TSM client for AIX 4.3
From: RAYMOND J RAMIREZ RAMIREZ <rramirez AT CLAROPR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:48:54 -0400
I have a special need. I have to revive an old AIX 4.3 machine that still has
files on our TSM server. The oldest TSM client I still have is 5.2 but when I
install it, the SMIT program need the "bos.rte" version 5.1 installed as a
prerequisite. I cannot install AIX 5.1 on this machine because the application
programs are old and I have to keep the machine with its original O/S version
as it is for now.

Does anyone still have or know where to get a TSM 5.1 client for AIX 4.3?

If not, can I download the files on a different client and later move (via FTP}
the files to the AIX 4.3 machine?

Thanks!

Raymond J. Ramirez, P.E.
Distributed Systems Supervisor