ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] License problem

2009-04-23 13:12:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] License problem
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:09:47 -0700
Hi list,

I am having problem to register TSM license files. I get the following message
when issuing the REGISTER LICENSE command:

tsm: TSMSERVER1>register license file=tsmbasic.lic
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

Also, when I issue the QUERY LICENSE command, there is no license registered:

tsm: TSMSERVER1>q license

                                 Last License Audit: 04/23/2009 12:32:27
                    Number of TDP for Oracle in use: 0
           Number of TDP for Oracle in try buy mode: 0
             Number of TDP for MS SQL Server in use: 0
    Number of TDP for MS SQL Server in try buy mode: 0
               Number of TDP for MS Exchange in use: 0
      Number of TDP for MS Exchange in try buy mode: 0
               Number of TDP for Lotus Notes in use: 0
      Number of TDP for Lotus Notes in try buy mode: 0
              Number of TDP for Lotus Domino in use: 0
     Number of TDP for Lotus Domino in try buy mode: 0
                  Number of TDP for Informix in use: 0
         Number of TDP for Informix in try buy mode: 0
                   Number of TDP for SAP R/3 in use: 0
          Number of TDP for SAP R/3 in try buy mode: 0
                       Number of TDP for ESS in use: 0
              Number of TDP for ESS in try buy mode: 0
                   Number of TDP for ESS R/3 in use: 0
          Number of TDP for ESS R/3 in try buy mode: 0
             Number of TDP for EMC Symmetrix in use: 0
    Number of TDP for EMC Symmetrix in try buy mode: 0
         Number of TDP for EMC Symmetrix R/3 in use: 0
Number of TDP for EMC Symmetrix R/3 in try buy mode: 0
                       Number of TDP for WAS in use: 0
              Number of TDP for WAS in try buy mode: 0
     Is IBM System Storage Archive Manager in use ?: No
   Is IBM System Storage Archive Manager licensed ?: No
     Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition in use: Yes
   Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition licensed: No
  Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition in use: No
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition licensed: No
                             Try-Buy Days Remaining: -1
                          Server License Compliance: FAILED

I tried to install the License Package and then start the Management Console to
use the License Wizard, but this option does not show up at the Wizards list.

I cannot perform a backup operation without fixing this.

Any help is appreciated.

Mario