ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AIX 5.5.2 client install

2009-04-17 10:37:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AIX 5.5.2 client install
From: Nicholas Rodolfich <NRodolfich AT CMAONTHEWEB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:35:18 -0500
In my experience, the 5.5.2 kit is not a complete install kit it is only a
patch or a fixpack.. You must install 5.5.0 code to get the license files.
When you uninstall the old code per instructions, it leaves the
configuration files in place. If you manually deleted those directories
then you might have lost some of the files needed that are included in the
5.5.0 code but not the 5.5.2 fix. According ot eh doc. You can install
5.5.2 right over 5.5.0. I have done it several times and it works (Windows
and AIX) good.

Regards,

Nicholas