ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM and single LTO2 drive

2009-04-06 18:14:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM and single LTO2 drive
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 00:06:53 +0200
Its possible but not recommended. Ive had a very small setup running for
a client with a 7 tape AIT-2 sony autoloader and a 500GB IDE disk.

Reclamation is done to a reclaimpool on disk, this procedure is
described somewhere in a redbook and/or in the manual. Basically TSM moves
the data from the the tapes that are to be reclaimed onto disk and then
onto a new empty tape. Set the RECLAIMSTGPOOL option for your tape pool
and the reclaim process will use that storage pool as temporary storage.

Just make sure that you are either using the autoloader as a copypool
only or that you are ok with using a primary storage pool without media
redundancy.

-km