ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Missing pieces of TSM 6.1

2009-03-30 15:14:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Missing pieces of TSM 6.1
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:14:07 -0400
Thomas Denier wrote:

Is there any announced delivery date for backup set support and
other TSM functionality that was left out of TSM 6.1.0.0?
Yeah from what I read as it CURRENTLY stands now you can't do ANY backupsets at all using TSM V6.1? correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Version 6.1
Disabled functions

Some functions have been temporarily disabled on the initial version of Tivoli® Storage Manager V6.1.

At this time a database containing backup sets or tables of contents (TOCs) cannot be upgraded to V6.1. The database upgrade utilities check for defined backup sets and existing TOCs. If either exists, the upgrade stops and a message is issued saying that the upgrade is not possible at the time. In addition, any operation on a V6.1 server that tries to create or load a TOC fails.

When support is restored by a future V6.1 fix pack, the database upgrade and all backup set and TOC operations will be fully enabled.
In the meantime, the following commands have been disabled:

* BACKUP NAS client command if the TOC parameter specifies PREFERRED or YES
   * BACKUP NODE if the TOC parameter specifies PREFERRED or YES
   * DEFINE BACKUPSET
   * GENERATE BACKUPSET
   * GENERATE BACKUPSETTOC