ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question for the TSM 6.1 beta testers

2009-03-30 13:02:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question for the TSM 6.1 beta testers
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:01:14 -0400
Your "if it can" is my point. It's NOT copying data anymore, it is continuously
reporting tape read errors, and it won't quit. The resulting output file will
NOT be usable, and a process that normally takes an hour stretches into seven,
eight, nine hours because of failed retries on a dirty drive.

I want a clean process termination, and so far the developers haven't been able
to figure this out - so I can either stop TSM or kill TSM to get the process to
go away. I don't understand how the devolpers can put code together to handle
incomplete processes at shutdown or termination but can't figure out how to use
the same recovery for a forced process termination.

Tom