ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Novell Long namespace error

2009-03-29 01:30:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] Novell Long namespace error
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 08:29:49 +0300
Hi

I have a Netware server version 6.5 SP 06  with a TSM client 5.4.0.0 when I
tried to run a backup on a volume named EV2: I got the following message:

03/29/2009 06:34:37 ANS1945E The long namespace has been removed from the local
filespace. If you wish to proceed with the backup/archive operation, rename
your filespace on the server.

 I run a volumes query on the server to check , the volume is EV2 got the
parameter LONG !!!!!!!

EV2      DOS,MAC,NFS,LONG             NSS

I did the suggestion to rename this filespace as EV2_OLD: and run a  SELECTIVE
EV2:/*.*    -su=yes

Now the backup run but I got a type of NTWFS and in the restore I see long file
names  with ~

Regards