ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question regarding subfilebackup

2009-03-28 22:50:23
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question regarding subfilebackup
From: Stephan Boldt <stephan.boldt+adsm-l AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 03:49:48 +0100
Hi everybody,

I'm considering using subfilebackup together with a fullvm vcb backup
(because there are few changes but huge virtual disk files), but I'm
unsure what happens when the basefile expires.

Example:
- I want to keep 3 versions of these files.
- First backup is obviously the basefile
- Second and third backup is a small delta

What happens when the fourth backup runs? The first backup should
expire, but where is the basefile then? Will the basefile be kept as
long as there are delta-backups depending on it? Will the second
backup be merged with the basefile and by that become a new basefile?

Thanks in anvance for your help!
Stephan