ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Checkin on a 3584/TS3500 using more than one drive at a time?

2009-03-27 10:06:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Checkin on a 3584/TS3500 using more than one drive at a time?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:06:13 -0400
Um -- why are you using the drives?

Use -checklabel=no on the checkout and -checklabel=barcode on the checkin and
bypass the label chack on the tape. We've had a 3584 with LTO drives of one
type or another for seven years now, or thereabouts, and NEVER check the labels
on checkout/checkin - and have never had problems as a result.

On checkin we do -search=bulk and take all the tapes in the I/O station; for
checkout we build our list of volumes and chuck the checkout command in with
-remove=bulk (we have ALMS, so we don't worry about how many tapes will come
out, but it's not hard to script things to remove tapes in groups of 16 if
needed).

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc